Infrastructure as Code and DevOps Tutorial
Infrastructure as Code and Azure DevOps Step by Step Tutorial
We have created four Infrastructure as Code with Azure DevOps tutorial videos to help people get started on our YouTube channel. The idea was to help people avoid common pitfalls and so we can reference them ourselves both internally and for our customers.
Our video course link is here :-
Infrastructure As Code Toolset – VS Code and Azure DevOps.
For each video the following links are provided to help you get up and running quickly.
Part 1 – Setup of Visual Studio Code and setup of project in Azure DevOps Tutorial.
Part one will help you setup your environment with the right tools and get you connected to Azure in Visual Studio Code. We will then create a project in Azure DevOps which will give us a Repo that we can use to store our code.
- Setup Azure Modules
- Install-Module -Name Az -AllowClobber -Scope AllUsers -Confirm -force
- Install Visual Studio Code https://code.visualstudio.com/
- Install Git for Windows https://gitforwindows.org/
- Create project in Azure DevOps
Part 2 – Infrastructure as Code with ARM Templates Tutorial
- Quick start Gallery https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/templates/
- ARM Template Documentation https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-resource-manager/templates/
- Template functions https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-resource-manager/templates/template-functions
Part 3 – Securing passwords and secrets using Azure Key Vault
Part 4 – Setting up Service connections, assigning the right permissions and deploying using Azure DevOps.
The videos for this Infrastructure as Code tutorial have been put into a playlist on our channel which you can find a link to here
There are many other ways to deploy to Azure such as PowerShell, Terraform and CLI and we may cover some of these other options in the future. Let us know if you found this useful.